[nfbcs] Accessibility of Salesforce admin and developer functionality

Mika Pyyhkala pyyhkala at gmail.com
Wed May 1 16:38:05 UTC 2019

Hi,
I have taken the Salesforce Lightning Admin intro course recently, and
have some other resoruces.  However, I have not used it day to day
yet.

Overall unless you add some kind of third party integration or custom
coding that breaks things, it should largely be accessible both from
an end user perspective as well as the perspective of a Salesfroce
admin.

There are several blindess agencies that run Salesforce for a good bit
of their operations including the San Francisco Lighthouse, Bookshare,
BOSMA, Perkins School, etc. and likely more.

I would be happy to try to help you with the information I have.

Salesforce has a classic and a lightning version, the lightning being
newer.  All development, including realting to accessibility, is being
done in lightning.

Salesforce also has an accessibility team including some blind
employee(s) namely Adam Rodenbeck.

Best,
Mika Pyyhkala