[nfbcs] Good earbuds for a good tablet!

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Thu May 23 13:35:20 UTC 2019

I use a bone-conduction headset, specifically, Aftershokz Bluez2. I am
not sure what the science is with respect to different types of
headphones. I believe there is proof that ear buds damage your hearing.
But I doubt there is scientific evidence that a bone-conduction headset
does not. So I will admit I am not being entirely scientific here. But I
try to stay away from anything that goes in or even over my ears.

You get good sound quality from speech with a bone-conduction headset.
So they are good for listening to a screen reader, talking books, and
podcasts. They are not great for music. If you are a real music geek you
might find the sound quality unacceptable.