[NFBCS] Cross platform VPN service

Joseph C. Lininger joe at pcdesk.net
Sat Sep 14 20:14:08 UTC 2019

I use hide.me personally. The newer versions of the Windows app have
some access issues, but it can be made to work. More importantly,
though, they also provide documentation on how to set up the VPN without
the app if you want to do that. (That's how I like to set things up.)
Using those instructions, you can make it work on pretty much any
platform that has one of their supported protocols (they support a ton
of them), including the possibility of having it set up on a router. The
hide.me vpn app does work fine on Android, which is good because a phone
is one place it's probably much better to use an app than try to set the
settings yourself.

There are some other VPN services that also support manual setups; I
mention hide.me here because it's the one I have used for years and know
how to set up.
Joe