[NFBCS] Learn Computer skills that will take you well in to the job market

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue Aug 4 16:22:10 UTC 2020

	hello Gabe.  In general, it is a bad idea to send a message with just
a subject containing only a list of links for people to click on as the
body of that message to a list like this.  Security issues aside, the
courteous thing to do is to include some explanatory text explaining how it
is that these links will be helpful or why you found them useful.  And, if
these links point to your own company, which I assume they do based on your
followup e-mail to Tyler, the courteous thing to do is to explain in the
e-mail that these are links from yourself and you thought the general
community might be useful.
	Tyler's comments about security and not clicking on unidentified links
are not out of line when messages like this come through.  Your defensive
proportion to the response you got.  In short, yyou don't need to be so
defensive and, in fact, your defensiveness, itself, is inappropriate in
this context.  If you truly want us to pay attention to these links,
explain what they are, why you think they might be useful or helpful, and,
if they are productions of your business, tell us.  If you are a tech
professional, as you claim to be, then you know that just clicking on
random links in unexplained messages is a bad idea, regardless of the
source of said messages.  Not everyone on this list knows who you are or
how you interact with the NFB or ACB, including me, so give us the benefit
of the doubt and tell us about these links you're sending and who you are.
	Finally, giving Tyler a dressing down on a public mailing list is,
well, bad form, and from what I've seen go by this morning, completely out
of line.  I don't know about your prior histories, but you don't need to
talk about them, true or false, on this list.  If you're having an issue
with Tyler, work it out with him privately off this list.

-thanks
-Brian