[NFBCS] Some Access Questions for Intro CS Class

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 20:16:49 UTC 2020

Hey Natalie,

Pycharm was very inaccessible when I first installed it, but my instructors
tinkered with some of the built-in accessibility settings and now it works
surprisingly well with JAWS. I asked our CS department if they could
document and share how they did it as that would benefit a lot of blind
programmers, but until they put that together I think visual studio code
would be the best alternative.

Kindly,
Gene
--
Gene Sung-Ho Kim | B.S. Candidate, Symbolic Systems | Stanford University
Secretary | California Association of Blind Students