[NFBCS] best solution for remote linux terminal work

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri Aug 7 19:59:34 UTC 2020

This very much depends on the user's level of experience. Using Jira,
you're not going to have a lot of luck with Edbrowse or Lynx, simply
because there is so much Javascript involved. I also wouldn't be able to
walk into most corporate environments and pull out a laptop running only
a terminal and have success in their environments.

So, is Linux usable? Certainly. Would I recommend he swap over to that
for work? Likely not. Keep the system you know and simply augment it
with something like Linux running in VMWare Player if you want to go the
terminal route. Then you can do your web browsing, email, chatting, etc
from the windows (or even Mac if you use VMWare Fusion), but have the
command line terminal available.

I would also echo Chris's comments about SecureCRT, it does quite a lot;
my only complaint is with their proprietary key support. Cursor tracking
is made much easier in later versions of JAWS, I think starting in 2020,
so you might want to give editing in the editor of your choice a shot there.

--

Take Care,
Tyler Littlefield (he/him/his)

Tyler Littlefield Consulting: website development and business
solutions. <http://tylerlittlefield.me> My personal site
<http://tysdomain.com> My Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ty-lerlittlefield> @Sorressean on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/sorressean>