[NFBCS] Which graphical screen readers are folks using under Linux/BSD/Unix?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:32:07 UTC 2020

I think choices are always a good option. For example, in Linux, some web
pages worked better with Orca and Firefox while others worked better with
Chrome and ChromeVox. Now there's some support for Chrome in Orca. Up until
recently, I ran Linux on the metal with Windows in a virtual machine. This
works just fine as long as you give Windows and it's screen reader enough
memory. I used VMware until I switched to QEMU/KVM.

Last summer I switched to running Windows on my metal with Linux in a VMware
virtual machine. Actually, I have my laptop set up to dual boot, but I
typically boot up into
Windows now and run Linux in a virtual machine instead of the other way
around. I just mention this since I may not always be of much help anymore
if you'll be running Linux on your metal with Windows in a VM.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail

I'm