[NFBCS] usb foot controlled microphone

charles.vanek at gmail.com charles.vanek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 02:29:52 UTC 2020

No.  That’s for transcribing, thus I’d expect it’s operating a transcription machine for someone who is typing out what has been recorded prior i.e. pause, fast forward, rewind while keeping the operators hands on the keyboard.

XLR is a high-end standard that’s been around for decades.  It’s a plug about the size of your thumb with 3 large pins typically and grounded around the circumference.

Quick searching on Amazon this may be one Amazon.com: Whirlwind MICMUTE-PT Push to Talk Microphone/Line Switcher - Footswitch Model: Musical Instruments <https://www.amazon.com/Whirlwind-MICMUTE-PT-Push-Microphone-Switcher/dp/B008ZT9Q8A/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=XLR+foot+mute+cable&qid=1608776356&sr=8-5>

However, it would only be one of 3 components.  You’d need a sound card likely USB based with XLR jacks, and an XLR microphone.  Easily that will all run together $350 or more.  But depending upon your application maybe that’s fine.

Best,

CV