[NFBCS] Fact check for resolution 2020-20 on IAAP policies and practices

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Sat Jul 18 19:17:32 UTC 2020

My apologies if this is not an appropriate forum for this, but I know no other at this late moment, and we have been discussing another tech-related resolution here already.

Regarding Resolution 2020-20 on " "the Discriminatory Testing Practices and Policies of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals":

I have, mid this afternoon, received comments from someone in the accessibility field whom I believe knows more about this issue than do I. The comments include the below text, and my interest in posting this here is to make sure that whatever
we pass is both accurate foremost, and useful in our aims.

The received comment excerpts:

IAAP offers multiple ways to take the exams that are fully accessible. If you read the resolution it sounds like the NFB
is frustrated with Kryterion but there is no need or requirement to use Kryterion - anyone can take the exam online from home and the at home option has
been available for at least a year with more flexibility since the pandemic. IAAP has no power to change Kryterion
although they have asked. A better resolution would be against Kryterion for their practices.

Level Access             doug.lee at LevelAccess.com    http://www.LevelAccess.com