[NFBCS] searching for text in PDF documents

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 21:15:46 UTC 2021

Elizabeth:

Regarding searching for text in a PDF document, I am making the following
assumptions.

1.	You are using Acrobat Reader DC, a relatively current version.
2.	You are using the JAWS screen reader.
3.	You have set Acrobat Reader DC to load the entire document into
memory as opposed to loading one page at a time. This last is incredibly
important.

Assuming the above to be true, use CTRL+INSERT+F, the JAWS find command, to
search for text in the PDF document. CTRL+F does not work in my experience.
A repeat find can then be performed by pressing the F3 function key.

I would be glad to follow up with you on this if we can chat.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong