[NFBCS] QuickNav on Mac OS lost ability to use letter keys for nav

charles.vanek at gmail.com charles.vanek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 15:17:32 UTC 2021

Good day all,

On my Mac which has the latest Mac OS Big Sur release a few weeks ago I lost
the ability to use letter or number keys for navigation.  For example I very
frequently use the 'h', 1, 2, etc. keys in Edge or Safari to browse
headings.

I didn't change any preferences to my knowledge.  And I have searched
through the accessibility preferences and can't find anything.  Nor did I
find any help by googling.

Quick Nav is definitely On.  I've toggled with left/right arrow presses.  I
can also use the rotor with up/right or left keys to get to headings and
then nav via the up or down arrows.  This is also true with form controls,
etc. all work with the rotor and up or down, but none with the letters or
numbers.

If you know of a way to toggle that feature on or off while Quick Nav is
definitely On please let me know; I enjoy that features ease of use and
speed better then continually changing the rotor.

Best,

Charles