[Nfbf-l] Travel to Boca [Draft]

Gloria Hicks glorianfb at irescue-tax.com
Sun Apr 19 02:11:04 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Gloria Hicks [mailto:glorianfb at irescue-tax.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 3:22 PM
To: 'Dan Hicks'
Subject: RE: Travel to Boca [Draft]

I have started to investigate options for people traveling to Boca Raton,
Florida, for our State Convention. Other than the individual chapters
renting vans, I want to share some other options.

There are Amtrak trains from Jacksonville and Orlando. Amtrak busses people
from Pinellas County to the Tampa Amtrak station. Here is the Tampa
schedule.

The Silver Star train leaves Tampa daily at 11:45 AM and arrives in
Deerfield Beach -- the closest station to Boca Raton -- at 4:37 PM. From
there, you can take Tri-Rail to Boca Raton -- more on that in a moment.

For Seniors 62 and over and those with disabilities is around $100 from
Tampa to Deerfield Beach. Call 1-800-872-7245 (800-USA-RAIL) for more
information or go online to:

http://www.amtrak.com/

If you are traveling by train, I suggest you make your reservations right
away, since these less expensive tickets are limited.

Amtrak is very comfortable and there is a car that sells food on the train.

I also checked Greyhound and found that it is a bit cheaper -- $74.00, with
a 14-day advance purchase -- from Tampa to Deerfield Beach. They offer  five
departures  a day from Tampa to Deerfield Beach, but the trip takes eight to
nine hours, versus four and a half hours on the train.

TriRail travels from Deerfield Beach to Boca Raton. Take the Southbound
train from Deerfield Beach to the Boca Raton TriRail station, which is
across the street from the hotel. I don't advise crossing the highway with
luggage, so you can call the Embassy Suites directly at 561-994-8200 for a
van pickup. Hopefully we will have groups, traveling together.
Feel free to ask questions and I will try to get an answer.
Amtrak is very comfortable and there is a car that sells food on the train.

I also checked Greyhound and found that it is a bit cheaper -- $74.00, with
a 14-day advance purchase -- from Tampa to Deerfield Beach. They offer  five
departures  a day from Tampa to Deerfield Beach, but the trip takes eight to
nine hours, versus four and a half hours on the train.

TriRail travels from Deerfield Beach to Boca Raton. Take the Southbound
train from Deerfield Beach to the Boca Raton TriRail station, which is
across the street from the hotel. I don't advise crossing the highway with
luggage, so you can call the Embassy Suites directly at 561-994-8200 for a
van pickup. Hopefully we will have groups, traveling together.
Gloria Mills Hicks TR
3708 W. Bay To Bay Blvd.
Tampa Florida 33629
813 837-1100