[Nfbf-l] Our benefit dinner and show

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 21:06:55 UTC 2009

Dear Dave,

We are sorry to see you and Holly go and we will miss you in the affiliate.

Dave, it's too bad that you couldn't answer the question "What does the NFB
of Florida do?" for those that asked. It is too bad that you didn't know
more about the organization, even after attending the Leadership Workshop
for two and a half days - an event, by the way put on by the NFBF, and to
which your room and nearly all expenses were paid by that same organization.
I realize that you chose to be late or absent from some of those meetings,
but, in the sessions for which you were present, you should have gained
enough information to be able to have a short speech to those who asked you
what the NFBF was up to. But, somehow, you were not able to come up with any
information, so let's hope that the printed information you distributed
contained some of the answers the questioners needed.

Holly, you have attended at least one and probably more of our Tallahassee
Seminars, and have been an articulate, enthusiastic, and committed
participant. You know some of the goals and activities of the NFBF and how
hard we have worked to move them forward.

As you both know, the NFBF elects half its board members every two years,
but I suppose you won't be around for those elections. People who join an
organization and stay with it only for a few months before leaving, really
don't accomplish much by way of making changes to that organization.

We wish you well in whatever organization you chose to become part of.

Dan Hicks, President

"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is"

                                    -Isaac Asimov