[Nfbf-l] My sincere apology!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 18:51:01 UTC 2009

Hello to all that have been reading the nasty volley of  words from myself
and Marion! I  am sincerely sorry for my poor judgment and allowing myself
to get as low as I did by even responding to any of  the comments I was
reading that was  posted  by Marion. I am  not trying to make excuses for my
behavior, but at the time these comments went out last evening, I had been
feeling  really bad and forced myself to meet with Ms. Brun for dinner and
had just returned from dinner with Ms. Sherri  Brun. We had met to keep
discussing  the TRIAD conference today and how we could make some wonderful
contacts for Newsline, etc.
 When I got home and opened my mail, feeling lousy and reading these
comments that were addressed directly to me I got perturbed to say the least
that I, without even posting on it prior to this one that I got  lambasted
by, I responded! For this action, and of poor judgment  to boot, am forever
sorry to all that  had to read and follow this unprofessional behavior!
Therefore, after 6 years of trying to make the NFB  a better and more aware
advocacy organization for the Blind, have gotten to tired to fight the
powers that be that  have deliberately tried to make things  more difficult
than they should of been in my opinion from sheer jealousy for some, and
others doubting my intentions and why I guess I will never know ! I have
been forced to fight every step I have had in this organization. Let me be
clear however, It is not the Organization that I feel had  made my
membership hard, but the leaders I happened to have been forced to work
with. I was however able to have taken the Orlando treasury from a 3 digit
treasury to a decent  4 digit  treasury, created a great repore with our
Mayors offices as well as having our city Mayor come with his staff and sit
down at my home with not just the leaders of the  local NFB, minus one, the
Lighthouse officials including Joyce Hildreth, thepresident of the ACB
chapter, the Blinded Veterans  assoc. rep, and others. I was given   a
community center free of charge to our chapter through the relationship I
havedeveloped on behalf  of the NFB, and had our Police Chief come and
address all of our leaders and the blind community as to how well informed
his traffic police and others are with  the  White  cane law. I created our
first     spaghetti dinner and  rafflefor our chapter with great fun and
success, and created the very first scholarship  luncheon and business
partnership  for our Chapter, bringing many local business heads ther  and
buying tables to help our NFB and our scholars to boot after graduation in
hopes they will have a better chance  to have doors locally open for them
easier.  I also formed a board downtown with all local blind leaders to
discuss our city and county needs so we could all debate and discuss our
needs with our media working with us only to have it  taken over by our
Orlando President at the time and it went nowhere. To his, I  am sure,
delight! All of  this without much help from any others on the board, except
for Ms. Sherri Brun. I worked also with Tom Harding  with  the Newsline
service and worked extremely hard signing up seniors and spreading the  word
of  this wonderful  service. I even flew up to Baltimore on my own fare so
as to learn more about the operations of Newsline to make me a  better and
more aware contractor for the service! I also stayed there for a few days to
meet with Mr. Mauer, the staff in the Library, the  Jernagen Institute, and
the tech center. I was  happy to  have done  all of  this at the time. I was
even told that I was talked about  by the  director of this service recently
because I signed up the west  palm beach rehab for veterans and I e-mailed
him  because I wasn't getting any pamphlets to the instructors for sign up
and all of the sudden when Ms. Brun wanted me to help her  by taking calls
and mailing  out welcome letters, I wasn't  wanted to have access to the
site to sign  up members!  He told our State President that  I might be a
risk and delete  subscribers if  I got mad at someone! I again spoke up and
was given a character  assassination for  it! So, rather than come and
discuss to me that he didn't like my e-mail letting  him  know I didn't get
any help from his office with this, I got trashed instead! I other than him,
signed  up more people in his own words to me, was the only other person,
less himself to do this feat for Newsline! He called our State President and
I was given a character assassination  for simply speaking out for not
getting  the assistance  I needed  for signing up the rehab Veterans.I Have
gone  long enough about how I have  been treated  by the NFB, but the only
reason I am even saying all of  this is  that even though the NFB has  many
wonderful members and I have been fortunate enough to have met many  really
good friends, I have  come  to realize I  can't go on with this  unnecessary
fighting  and squabbling amongst all! I am, though I don't speak of it  much
a very ill person and have  been throughout my entire membership with  the
NFB. I I am a long  time juvenile diabetic and have gone  through many, 8,
surgery's in 2004, that  has saved my life more than once,  I have had many
since  then as well  I have been  and am constantly fatigued and  am forced
to move  forward each and every day to have been able to do what  I have
done,Yet through it all I  have the backs of too many people that don't
even know who I am, to continue any longer! However,  my belief in the NFB
and their desire to improve the lives of people  all over our great country
kept me working  never  the less!  Now it  is time for me to step out of
the NFB and let  all go back to doing  what you do without my leprosy  you
have been  forced to endure for the last 6 years and I wish nothing  but the
very best for  this affiliate, it's people, and the improved lives of  all
of  you for the future!Your friend in the cause, Kirk Harmon

Kirk Harmon
1031 Lenmore Court
Orlando, FL. 32812
Home office: (407) 380-3371

Cell: (407) 473-2176
E-mail address: kvharmon54 at gmail.com

BVA/FRG
E.Central Florida
Associate Director

911 cell phone
bank
 Chairperson
BVA/FRG

Mayors Veterans Advisory counsel
member

 Blind advocate
and fundraiser

" Smiles are nothing more than thirty second vacations!"