[Nfbf-l] NFBF 2010 New Year's resolution

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 19:19:42 UTC 2009

Hello everyone
By now, most of you know that our affiliate will be hosting the 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017 national conventions in Orlando. Though national will be doing the majority of the work, as host affiliate, we will have many responsiblilities as well. In the next four out of of seven years, we will have back-to-back conventions; state and national. This means there is much work to be done. In the planning and working at the conventions, we will need lots of help and teamwork. The 2011 convention may seem like a long way off, but we must remember the months of planning that goes on before a convention.

The next few years will be our time to shine and we want to be ready. So, I am asking each and every Florida member for a 2010 NFBF New Year's resolution. No matter where you are in the NFB now, let's challenge ourselves to take at least one step forward. Showcase your talent. Take on a new project. Join a committee. Get involved with the planning of our state convention so you know what goes on behind the scenes. You don't have to be a chapter officer or board member to be on a state committee. If you are seeking a leadership role, set a plan in motion to make it a reality. Never be afraid to ask for help in achieving your goals. Will you make take the challenge and make the NFBF 2010 New Year's resolution and take that step forward?

I am hoping this message will make it into all the chapter meetings, beacause each and every one of has a role to play.
We have major challenges ahead, but we will be successful and a better and stronger affiliate, or as President, Dan Hicks said, "the best affiliate on the planet."

Gina Minichiello
NFBF Board Member
NFBF Fundraising Committee Chairperson
Greater Jacksonville Chapter, Treasurer