[Nfbf-l] Outlook compatibility patch

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 02:28:17 UTC 2009

Hi Holly,

For Outlook Express, go to Tools > Accounts. Select the mail account you
wish to deal with (you may have just one) and click the button on the right
labeled Properties, and select the Advanced Tab. Select "Leave a copy of
message on server." You can then tell OE how many days to leave the messages
on the server or to delete the message when you delete it from your local
"Deleted Items" folder.

Please note that you need to do this on both computers, otherwise one of
them will delete the messages before they can be downloaded by the other.

I am not very familiar with Windows Mail, but I believe it works similarly .
For Christmas, Gloria gave me a new PC with Vista, which I was happy to try
out, but found it would not run Zoomtext or most of my peripherals, so I am
going back to XP Pro. I hope Windows 7 is more friendly.

Dan

"If you want to go quickly, go alone.
 If you want to go far, go together."
                        - African Proverb