[Nfbf-l] NFB of Florida EZTellum web pagel

Arnold Bailey arnoldbail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 18:04:12 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've just completed a web page which lists the Legislative alerts sent out
by the Florida NFB and the national NFB. There are links to the  detail of
the alerts. What makes this page unique(and hopefully helpful) is that the
viewer can enter his/her zip code and then the federal senator and
congressman and the Florida state senator and representative will be listed
along with their: district number, email address, their website URL and
their phone number.

This should really make it easy to encourage NFB members to contact their
legislator. In fact, I called it the "NFB of Florida EZTellum" page.
Currently, it takes hours for individuals to look up this information.
Sometimes, never finding it.

This is more or less a "proof of concept" since I retrieved all the
information via a technique called "data  drilling" into the Florida state
Senate and House websites.

One important point is that besides being a useful tool is, that I'm
visually impaired and I had absolutely no problem creating the application.
A person who is totally without sight could do it equally as well.
Programming is definitely where a blind person can not only be lucratively
employed; but, also excel and out perform sighted programmers.

The NFB of Florida EZTellum page is at  http://www.blind411.org/EZtellum.asp

I appreciate any comments/feedback, positive or negative, that you may have.
Also, if you know of any students who may have an interest in computer
programming, please encourage them to contact me. I'm currently looking into
some Web 2.0 stuff, which EZTellum is an example. I'm sure there are many
new applications that can be developed to learn and develop an interest in
programming.

Arnold
http://www.blind411.org/
http://www.blind411.org/EZtellum.asp