[Nfbf-l] Important Note about NFB 2009 Banquet and NFB Convention Caucus

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 00:56:48 UTC 2009

Fellow NFB 2009 Convention Attendees,

The Florida affiliate will caucus at the National Convention:

Monday, July 6,
5:45 to 7:00 PM
in the Nicolet A Room, Level 5, of the Detroit Marriott.

It is important that you attend this caucus as, among other reasons, it may be your only opportunity to exchange your Banquet ticket. Please let me explain for those who are unfamiliar with how banquet seating is arranged at the NFB Convention.

When you arrive in Detroit and register for the convention (or pick up your registration packet, if you pre-registered), you will receive the banquet ticket or tickets you pay or have paid for. Each ticket entitles one person to attend the banquet. It does not assign you to a seat a table in the banquet hall. All banquet tickets need to be exchanged for tickets with table numbers on them.

Florida convention goers like to sit at the same group of tables. NFBF Treasurer Gloria Hicks collects the tickets from each member before or at the caucus and takes them to the Banquet Exchange Table the next morning, exchanges them for us, and redistributes the tickets with table numbers to our convention attendees, during the general convention sessions.

So, it is important that you register or pick up your packet early, and that you bring you banquet ticket to the caucus on Monday. If, for some reason, you cannot attend the caucus, please make sure to give your ticket go Gloria before the caucus, or have someone bring it to the caucus for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you all at the upcoming NFB Convention in Detroit and at the NFBF Caucus on Monday,  July 6, from 5:45 to 7:00 PM, in the Nicolet A Room, Level 5, of the Detroit Marriott.

Thank you all.

Dan Hicks
NFBF President

"If you are going to walk on thin ice,