[Nfbf-l] Fw: House Speaker for 2010-2012: Dean Cannon Receives Congratulations Today

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:02:41 UTC 2009

Just passing this along.

From: Samme.Ripley at ocfl.net
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 4:26 PM
Subject: House Speaker for 2010-2012: Dean Cannon Receives Congratulations Today

      PRESS RELEASE

            For Immediate Release
            March 2, 2009
           Contact: Katie Gordon
            (850) 222-7920

            Chairman Greer Congratulates Speaker-Designate Dean Cannon

            Tallahassee-Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer released the following statement today regarding the House Republican Conference selecting Representative Dean Cannon (R-Winter Park) as Speaker-Designate for the 2010-2012 legislative term:

            "I am proud to congratulate Representative Dean Cannon on his election as Speaker-Designate of the Florida House of Representatives. As a young leader of our party, Speaker-Designate Cannon has a strong record of service in the Florida House, and I am confident he will lead with conviction and integrity in this expanded capacity.

            "Speaker-Designate Cannon is well known as a staunch advocate for lower taxes on Florida's families and businesses. During these tough economic times, Floridians are fortunate that, under his leadership, our Republican majority in the Florida House is working diligently with Republican leaders in the Florida Senate and with Governor Crist to maintain an economic environment that will create jobs and encourage businesses to remain in the Sunshine State.

            "As we celebrate Representative Cannon's designation today, and look forward to the beginning of our 2009 Legislative Session tomorrow, I am energized by the strength of our Republican leaders and look forward to the good work they will accomplish for the people of our great state.

            # # #

PLEASE NOTE: Florida has a very broad public records law (F. S. 119).
All e-mails to and from County Officials are kept as a public record.
Your e-mail communications, including your e-mail address may be
disclosed to the public and media at any time.