[Nfbf-l] haircut-a-thon for state fundraiser

craig kiser sckiser55 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 4 09:46:49 UTC 2009

Gina, How's this for a statewide fundraiser for the chapters?
Any pledges for the Kilimanjaro Climb obtained by a chapter will
receive 10% of the proceeds.  Thus, if a chapter obtains 10
pledges, they would get $190.00; if they get 100 pledges, they
get $1,900.00; and if they get 1000 pledges, they would receive
$19,000.00.  I have promised the board of directors that I will
pull the plug on the fundraiser if I don't have 100 pledges by
December 15.  I believe truly that pledges will go quickly
because of the unusual and dangerous nature of the endeavor and
the fact that proceeds will go to worthy, much needed help to the
bling to achieve independence.  I will have pledge cards and
flyers by the end of this week.  Please run it by the leadership.
I can be available to further elaborate and answer questions.  My
phone is 850 345-9122 and my email is sckiser55 at earthlink.net.

<NFBF-Leaders at yahoogroups.com
>Date sent: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 01:29:20 +0000 (UTC)
>Subject: [Nfbf-l] haircut-a-thon for state fundraiser

>Hello lists
>As Fundraising Committee Chair, one of my goals for our affiliate
is to come up with at least two statewide event fundraisers
snnuslly.  With teamwork and sharing our experience of the event,
it can continue to improve year after year and hopefully, give
our affiliate and the chapters more money to work with.
>At our leadership seminar, I had intended to talk a bit more, but
time kind of got away from us.  At least half, or more chapters
are interested in having a haircut-a-thon.  For those chapters
who were not present at the leadership seminar and those that may
need clarification of my intentions, this is what I'm doing.
>This coming Sunday, at our board meeting, I will propose to the
board that we have the haircut-a-thon as a state fundraiser.  I
know I suggested a 50 affiliate/50 chapters split after espenses,
but that is not written in stone yet.  There may be other things
to consider.  If we all work together and effectively utilize the
talent that we have around our affiliate, we can get things done.
I will let you know early next week what is decided and the
details.  If anyone has any good ideas for a statewide event
fundraiser, please let me know.