[Nfbf-l] haircut-a-thon for state fundraiser

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 01:29:20 UTC 2009

Hello lists
As Fundraising Committee Chair, one of my goals for our affiliate is to come up with at least two statewide event fundraisers snnuslly. With teamwork and sharing our experience of the event, it can continue to improve year after year and hopefully, give our affiliate and the chapters more money to work with.
At our leadership seminar, I had intended to talk a bit more, but time kind of got away from us. At least half, or more chapters are interested in having a haircut-a-thon. For those chapters who were not present at the leadership seminar and those that may need clarification of my intentions, this is what I'm doing.
This coming Sunday, at our board meeting, I will propose to the board that we have the haircut-a-thon as a state fundraiser. I know I suggested a 50 affiliate/50 chapters split after espenses, but that is not written in stone yet. There may be other things to consider. If we all work together and effectively utilize the talent that we have around our affiliate, we can get things done. I will let you know early next week what is decided and the details. If anyone has any good ideas for a statewide event fundraiser, please let me know.

Gina Minichiello
NFBF Board Member
NFBF Fundraising Committee Chairperson
Greater Jacksonville Chapter, Treasurer