[Nfbf-l] Disability.gov Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) & Civil Rights Update: Webinar on 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Standards

Patricia A. Lipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Sat Aug 7 15:37:25 UTC 2010

Subject: [leadership] Fw: Disability.gov Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) & Civil Rights Update: Webinar on 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Accessibility Standards - September 2

Colleagues,

There may be some on this list who do not believe a free webinar on the regulatory changes to the ADA's public services (Title II) regs, the public accommodations
regs (Title III) and adoption of the revised 2004 ADAAG guideline as an ADA enforcement standard are not sufficiently related to blindness issues to be
posted on this list.  I respectfully disagree.  Our rights as blind persons are not self-enforcing.  We must enforce our rights if they are to mean anything.
We must know what our rights are in order to enforce them.Chris Bell