[Nfbf-l] FW: NFB Blind Driver Challenge Launches Facebook Page!

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Tue Jun 1 21:03:46 UTC 2010

Hello to all,

I wanted to follow up on my presentation at convention about the Imagination
Fund's Race for Independence.  I first want to thank parent Tracie Inman,
who shared the podium with me, and spoke from her heart about how the
commitment and meaningful activities of our Parents of Blind Children
division has given her daughter so much confidence.

Keep in mind that this year we are not holding an actual march in Dallas to
raise funds.  The word "race" has been substituted for "March", but this has
more to do with the theme of one day designing a car which can be driven by
the blind.  This is our annual Imagination Fund campaign, and We are asking
for donations for the Race, just as in the past, which will go to the
Imagination Fund.  This year, we are especially emphasizing the need for
accessible technology for the blind.  I think all our friends, family and
coworkers can understand what it would be like if they could no longer use
their cellphones, stove or clothes dryer.  Researching and trying out new
technology is just one of the programs which the Jernigan Institute offers.
Of course, our Florida affiliate will again benefit directly from the money
raised, and we will again have the opportunity to apply for grant money to
be used for another worthwhile project.

The following is from Parnell Diggs, Chairman of NFB's Imagination Fund.

Sherrill O'Brien, Chair
NFBF Imagination Fund

NFB Blind Driver Challenge Launches Facebook Page!
Stay up-to-date on all the latest news, videos, and
photos relating to the Blind Driver Challenge and the Race for
Independence by becoming a fan of the page on Facebook.  As a fan,
you will receive live updates from the Blind Driver Challenge in your
newsfeed.  We will be updating the page continuously; when there is
breaking news or exciting new content, you will be among the first to
know!  Become a fan of the Blind Driver Challenge by visiting the
<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Blind-Driver-Challenge/108549352515974>Bli
nd
Driver Challenge Facebook page now!

The Facebook page can also be used as a fundraising tool for the Race
for Independence! Send the page to your friends and family to
encourage them to learn more about the Race and the Blind Driver Challenge.

In addition to the Facebook page, you can get updates on the Blind
Driver Challenge and the Race for Independence by following us on
Twitter (www.twitter.com/nfb_voice) or visiting our YouTube page
(<http://www.youtube.com/nations_blind>www.youtube.com/nations_blind).

And it is not too late to join the Race for Independence!  To sign up
to be an Imaginator and help build the Imagination Fund, please visit
<http://www.raceforindependence.org/>www.raceforindependence.org or
call Annemarie Laney who will help you register, and ask her to send you
informational cards which explain what this Race is all about, and how to
donate.  you can keep them handy and give them out wherever you go.  You can
reach her at (410) 659-9314, extension 2371.

Parnell Diggs, Chairman
National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund