[Nfbf-l] 2010 state convention

valkemadenise at aol.com valkemadenise at aol.com
Tue Jun 1 21:48:57 UTC 2010

I was glad to attend the whole convention.  I really enjoyed seeing
those I had not seen in a long time, reconnecting with  others I have
seen at Washington Seminar, and meeting many new members.  I believe
the state board  and events committee planned a great convention that
was successful with all the hard work of the board, members, and
volunteers.

I believe the mentors of the scholarship winners helped the winners
enjoy the convention more.  Congratulations to all the scholarship
winners and thanks to the mentors, too.  It seems like we have a great
student division with great leadership.  Congratulations to all elected.

Holly did a great job organizing transportation, helping with the
auction night even dressed the part,  being a mentor.  I saw her
actively helping out as usual. She did a great job juggling all with
child, too!

Joe King did a great job as martial and other jobs.

We had more than usual attend from Miami including a first timer.  All
seemed to enjoy the convention.

Congratulations to Dwight and Gloria for being re-elected.
Congratulations to Carlos for being elected to the board.  He did a
great job mentoring a scholarship winner and presenting on the youth
slam.

I enjoyed Mike Lamb's report on the Pinellas chapter as I was once a
member and appreciate all the Pinellas chapter will be doing to prepare
for hosting the 2011 state convention.

I could go on and on but I am grateful for being at the convention over
the Memorial Day weekend with my fellow federationist.

Thanks,
Denise