[Nfbf-l] WiiCane Research Blog

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 10:52:59 UTC 2010

Thank you,
I am a follower!
I think this could help keep adults safe. It is going to be a tool not a
replacement for an O&M instructor.
Lenora, I like the comparison you made during our phone conversation. A
baseball player is practice in a batting cage, but will also play on the
field. I am very exciting about this program. It is encourages kids and
adults to use their canes and have fun, why not.
Just think of the parent, blindfolded, and siblings who could learn from
this game too.
As you guys know, I teach O&M. Veering is one of the hardest things to
correct on the streets. You have to do it in a parking lot and other quiet
areas with low car travel. However, when you introduce cars into the
environment, or start crossing streets, any correction takes place after the
fact.
Holly

--
"God gives you 86,400 seconds in a day. Take one to say Thank You."
Walter A. Ward