[Nfbf-l] Question about White Cane Law

elizabeth McNally bethmac at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 1 03:17:49 UTC 2010

Hi Cory,

Well, yes you are right in a way. There is more than one section to the
White Cane Law. I cannot quote the numbers of the statute but there is a
section that also covers persons in a wheelchair, using a cane or crutches
as well as a service animal. I agree that someone should contact the paper
and even more the police dept. where the accident occurred and educate them
about the law.

I am glad that you brought this to our attention. Perhaps if you could get
some more of the facts even FLAGDU would be interested in persuing the
issue.

Betty McNally