[Nfbf-l] FW: NFB Imagineering Our Future: Making the world's books accessible

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Wed Mar 3 17:44:37 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

This newsletter shows lots of exciting things going on through the efforts
of so many NfB members in Baltimore and across the country!  Much of this is
because of the money raised through the Imagination Fund, which included our
marches for Independence.  Keep in mind that our parents division, and our
legeslative activities have both benefitted immensely from grants our
affiliate has received.  This year, we are not holding an actual march, or
walkathon.  But members are nevertheless being asked to register and ask
friends, family and business associates to help in supporting a cause that
is so important in our lives.  Money raised will go toward our same
worthwhile projects, plus some exciting new ones.  Reading this newsletter
will help you explain to others how NFB is helping to improve life for blind
people throughout our nation.  For example, our hard work on the Quiet Cars
bill, called the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act, is something all of our
acquaintances can understand and appreciate.  Please check out the item
called Spotlight on the Imagination Fund.  It will tell you how to register,
and how you can help our affiliate and local chapters receive money and
grants.  I truly understand that raising money isn't easy for most of us,
but through doing so, we really do reap the rewards in our own lives.
Perhaps we don't see it immediately, but little by little, the efforts of
many working for meaningful change benefits each one of us!

In the Federation spirit,

Sherrill O'Brien

NFBF Imagination Fund Representative
Imagination Fund Committee Member