[Nfbf-l] CCB stay denied, please help

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 12 04:38:30 UTC 2010

Hi Beth,

Peter Cerullo is providing you with some invaluable advice. Once you go to
one of the NFB centers you are expected to give it your all. You are busy
from early morning until bed time and there is usually homework. In addition
there is apartment inspections and each student is expected to do their own
cleaning, grocery shopping and the like. There is no central dining facility
as is the case here in Daytona Beach. Instead, students are expected to pack
a lunch or go out to eat on their own. There are no bells to indicate that
it is time to change classes. You have a long white cane with you at all
times and you will train under blindfold unless you are totally blind with
no light perception. You are treated utterly and completely as an adult who
is there to put in the time and the riggers to meet the standards of every
course.

You will get in amazing physical shape because you walk to and from class
and the apartments are quite a ways from the center. The situation I believe
is a little different in Colorado as I think you catch city transportation
from the apartments to school each day.

If this is what you are looking for then I suggest you prove to your parents
and to the powers that be that you are worth their trust and their
investment.

I hope this information is helpful.

Good luck,
Kathy Davis