[Nfbf-l] A Mother's Day alternative?

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 12:11:59 UTC 2010

                  Dear Dennis,

                  Our mother, Judy Kahl, is an amazing woman.  She married,
raised three children and started her own successful jewelry company, all
while gradually losing her sight and hearing to Usher syndrome.  In the last
few years she received two Cochlear Implants and is now, as she puts it,
"back in the hearing world" but she needs another miracle......a cure for
her eyes.

                  That's why she's so passionate about blindness research
and creating a "buzz" about the wonderful work of the Foundation Fighting
Blindness. She chose a bee pin as a symbol and special way to support the
Foundation. The bee design and colors were carefully selected as they
represent the hope and beauty of sight.

                  In honor of our mother and grandmother on this Mother's
Day we're writing today to ask you to help us spread the "buzz" and
contribute to the Foundation Fighting Blindness. Your gift today will be
invested in research for new treatments and cures for blindness . . . and
bring hope to millions of Americans affected by these diseases.

                  The FFBee pin makes a great Mother's Day gift. When you
make a gift of $60 or more by May 5th, FFB will send the FFBee pin with a
beautiful Mother's Day card, to you or directly to your mother or another
loved one. For a donation of $20, have a Mother's Day card sent to someone
special. They will be touched to know that you have made a donation in their
honor to help fight blindness.

                  Don't wait until the last minute to buy a trinket at the
mall. . . give your mom something more meaningful this year with a donation
to FFB. Nothing will please our mother more than to have you contribute and
help spread the "buzz".  Please donate now.

                  Join us in honoring our mother this Mother's Day and make
a generous gift to the Foundation Fighting Blindness. Remember, for only $60
you or a loved one will receive our beautiful FFBee pin!

                  Thank you!

                  Katrin and Kristen
                  "Judy's Daughters"

                              Donate now to give or receive this special
FFBee pin in honor of Mother's Day. Yours for a tax-deductible gift of $60
or more!

                              Make a donation of $20 or more and have this
lovely Mother's Day card sent to your mom! I found this a wonderful
alternative for Mother's day cards as well as helping a good organization as
well! Your friend, Kirk

 Kirk Harmon
1031 Lenmore Court
Orlando, FL. 32812