[Nfbf-l] transportation Hernando-East Pasco

dbearden2 at tampabay.rr.com dbearden2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 9 23:50:24 UTC 2010

Today was the last county commisoner meeting forf commisioner Rose Rocco. For the past several years, Rose has served as a board member for our Hernando-East Pasco chapter. Rose has also chaired the Transportation Disadvantaged Board and losing her is going to be a tremendous loss. As it stands now, we have no Democrats sitting on the County Commision. Unfortunately, the new commisioner seems set on shutting down THE Bus system. This will in fact put a strain on the Transportation Disadvantaged service and for people like myself who use this service to go to the cancer center for treatment, could in fact be in serious peril if the service is lost. As most of you know, if you make over $400. in disability, you don't qualify for Medicad transportation. For many of us, this could be an extreme hardship. Please make it a point to contact The Hernando County Commisioners and urge them to continue to keep THE Bus service. I will keep you posted when the next Transportation Disadvantaged board meeting is. Please email Steve Diaz at Hernando County Government.

Fraternally Yours,

David Bearden
Hernando- East Pasco NFB