[Nfbf-l] need feedback from Zoomtext users

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 22 16:48:55 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I just found that the magnification software and the eye stress was becoming
harder and harder to get things done.
I thought about the situation and asked myself, if I continue to go on this
way, reading less and less at maybe 25 words a minute, where will I be in 10
years as far as speed and readability.
Am I better off investing my time and money in a screen reader and learning
to use it, will I be ahead in 10 years time and be more productive.
The answer for me is "yes."  With the vision loss I have had, I can not even
see the computer sitting on the desk in front of me now, much less the
letters on the screen.  It was the right choice for me, but I realize that
this may not be so for others and I support them in which ever they choose.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.