[Nfbf-l] Dwights campaign for the blind.

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 21:23:22 UTC 2011

Dear Colleague,
I am participating in the  2011 National Federation of the Blind Race for
Independence, and I need your  help.  Did you ever think a blind person could
drive a car without sighted  assistance?  During 2011, we are building a
car that I will be able to  drive.  Don't worry, you won't see me on the road
just yet.  But I do  want to emphasize the urgent need to make technology
accessible to the average  blind user and prove how easy it is to do it if we
try.
While our progress  through the decades has been tremendous, I have been
thinking about what life  will be like for blind people in the future.  Will
blind people live in a  world of opportunity? If I do nothing, less than half
of all of the blind  children attending school in the United States today
will earn a diploma.   Less than three in ten will get a job, and only one in
ten blind children will  even be able to read when they grow up.
This is why I am writing  to you.  I too am making a donation, as I would
not ask you to do what I am  not willing to do myself.
It is faster and easier  than ever to support this great cause by making
your tax-deductible donation  online using the link below.  If you would
prefer, you can send your  contribution to the address listed below.
Whatever you can give  will help--it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your
support and will keep you  posted on my progress.
To make a donation  online, visit my personal page at
_www.raceforindependence.org/goto/Dwight_ (http://www.raceforindependence.org/goto/Dwight)
To send a donation, make  all checks payable to NFB Imagination Fund,
noting support for Dwight Sayer, and  mail them to 200 East Wells Street at
Jernigan Place, Baltimore, Maryland  21230.
Please share this email with your  friends and networks.
Thanks again for all your  help.
Dwight

Best  Regards,
Dwight D.  Sayer