[Nfbf-l] Humanwares 360 magnifier great for sttudents and much more!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 00:03:36 UTC 2011

Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:37 PM
Subject: SmartView 360 now shipping - the electronic magnifier that provides
a clear view in all directions

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? Click here

SmartView 360 now shipping -
the electronic magnifier that provides a clear view in all directions
HumanWare announces that it has started shipping the SmartView 360,
introduced earlier in November. The SmartView 360 features an integrated,
rotating camera that is easily positioned to magnify images. The SmartView
360 is the perfect solution to help people with low-vision, regardless of
age, clearly see the world around them.

Easy to use, easy to see... for students
to seniors
The SmartView 360 will help students view text in a book with its variety of
contrast colors. If they need to view the blackboard or presentation screen,
they can simply twist the camera for a full-color image. Seniors will find
the SmartView 360 especially helpful for everyday uses such as reading
instructions, books and mail, and for personal tasks such as applying
make-up and styling hair.

"We were very excited to introduce the SmartView 360 for the first time
publicly at the ATIA Conference in Chicago. I'm glad to say that we had some
excellent feedback from special education teachers and students of all ages
who came by our booth to try the SmartView 360. They found out firsthand how
easy it is to use. We wanted to offer to low-vision students a tool they can
simply plug in and work with. This one is practically intuitive. It's smart
and simple at the same time," says Gilles Pepin, CEO of HumanWare.

Makes everyday viewing easier
a.. 360 degrees camera view: you can see everywhere (desktop, distance,
self-view)
b.. Compact design: fits in any workspace, easily moves from one location to
another
c.. Easy set up: you can start using it quickly
d.. Large magnification range: you can see the things you need at the size
you need
e.. Auto focus with focus lock: ensure a crisp image on what's important

For additional information on the SmartView 360, visit:
www.humanware.com/smartview360

About HumanWare
HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technologies for the print
disabled. HumanWare provides products to people who are blind and have low
vision and students with learning disabilities. HumanWare offers a full
range of low vision products including the SmartView Synergy desktop video
magnifier, the SmartView Pocket and Versa handheld electronic magnifiers,
and the myReader2, HumanWare's unique "auto-reader". HumanWare's other
innovative products include the BrailleNote Apex, the leading productivity
device for the blind in education, business and for personal use; the Victor
Reader product line, the world's leading digital audiobook players, and the
ClassMate Reader, the only portable book player to offer synchronized text
and audio for individuals.

For more information about the SmartView 360 or other HumanWare products,
please contact us:

Australia/Asia
Tel: +61 2 9686 2600
Email: au.sales at humanware.com