[Nfbf-l] Winning!

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 21:05:44 UTC 2011

That last paragraph should have read:

We still have more candy and T-shirts to sell. Please stay tuned for details
about hor your chapter and the NFBF can raise money together.

Sorry 'bout that.

Dan

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.
Not to dare is to lose oneself."
                 - Soren Kierkegaard

Dan
> Hicks; Gloria Hicks; Kristine Berry (fliseagullght at msn.com); Lloyd
Matthews;
> Michael Akpewero; Ruth Shipman (mimistime2007 at yahoo.com); Sheri Siegel;
> Sherrill O'Brien; Suzanne Dalton; Tom McCORMICK
> Subject: Re: Winning!
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Thanks to everyone who purchased or sold "Show Me the Money" raffle
tickets and
> T-shirts and Florida Citrus Candy  at the NFBF and NFB Conventions and at
all
> times in between. The Gainesville Chapter will receive the award for
selling the
> winning ticket.
>
> I don't like singling people out, because it usually means that I mention
some
> people and don't mention others, but I would be remiss if I did not give
special
> thanks to a few people who -- in the words of Dr. Maurer, "worked their
heads off"
> and went above and beyond:
>
> Thanks to Greater Orlando Chapter Vice President Holly Idler, for working
so very
> hard to sell tickets and T-shirts. Thanks to Second Vice President Denise
Valkema
> who kept the scheduling process running smooth and made sure that the
Florida
> Suite, the Information Table, and the Florida Exhibit Table were all fully
staffed at
> all times and selling T-shirts and candy. Thanks to Patty Sayer and First
Vice
> President Dwight Sayer for doing so much to make the Florida Hospitality
Suite
> welcoming to all to visited, and to Dwight for organizing that great
Welcoming
> Ceremony. Thanks to Patti Johnson, Lenora Marten, Patty Sayer, and
everyone
> else who helped to organize T-shirts for easier sale. Thanks to James
Johnson who
> was always there with me when we needed to move a bunch of heavy boxes
from
> one part of the hotel to another -- and these were not small distances.
James did a
> lot of box-moving when I wasn't there, too, and I really appreciate it.
And a special
> thanks to Gloria Hicks, NFBF Treasurer, who helped me organize every
little step
> and process. I could not have done any of this without her end would not
want to
> try. Thanks also to my daughter Katie, who was always there to help out
whenever
> we needed her. She shot the video I will mention in a moment. I also want
to thank
> all of the other NFBF Board Members and former NFBF Board Members who
> helped plan and implement these fundraisers and various aspects of these
> conventions. Thanks to everyone who staffed a table or a suite or made a
sale. We
> appreciate all of you.
>
> For those who would like to see and / or hear the drawing, here is link to
the video,
> which took place shortly after 12 Noon on Friday, July 8, 2011, in the
room
> designated for "Raffles and Drawings" at the Rosen Shingle Creek during
the 2011
> NFB Convention:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/embed/eG8UE9p7NI8?hl=en&fs=1
>
> We still have more money and T-shirts to sell. Please stay tuned for
details about
> hor your chapter and the NFBF can raise money together.
>
> Dan Hicks, President
> NFB of Florida
>

> "To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.
> Not to dare is to lose oneself."
>                  - Soren Kierkegaard

Behalf
> Of
> > Judith Hamilton
> > Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:08 PM
> > To: NFB of Florida Internet Mailing List
> > Subject: Re: [Nfbf-l] Winning!
> >
> > Thanks, Gloria!
> >
> > I was so surprised when I saw Dan's message Sunday morning.
> >
> > I talked to Lavonne today at work and she told me she usually does not
> > answer the phone at night if it is a number they don't know, but this
call
> > she decided to answer.  She was glad she did.
> > Judy

Florida!

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/kvharmon54%40gmail.c

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/hbeanie%40gmail.com