[Nfbf-l] {Disarmed} Fw: Time is running out

Carlos J MontasAS carlos.montas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 02:39:55 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Frankie Mastrangelo - JFA Moderator
To: carlos.montas at gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:40 PM
Subject: Time is running out

                        The clock is ticking.

                        Last minute talks in Congress and the Administration to develop a deficit reduction strategy have turned out two major proposals: the Reid plan and the Boehner plan.

                        Both plans could result in devastating cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security after six months of passing.

                        With the fate of our country hanging in the balance, should the burden of this financial crisis fall on the backs of struggling seniors and people with disabilities?

                        Time is running out for lawmakers to reach a decision on where our country will go from here, and who will foot the bill.

                        With the pressure building, we must make sure that Medicaid is not left behind.

                        Call 866-324-0787 today to tell lawmakers that you oppose Boehner and Reid's proposed cuts to vital services for people with disabilities.

                        On this 21st anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, we must fight to protect the ADA's promise of equal opportunity and equal access.

                        Don't sit on the sidelines. This fight needs you.

                        Call your Congressional representatives at 866-324-0787 and say that any deal that comes out of these negotiations must preserve opportunities for ALL Americans.

                        MODERATOR, Frankie Mastrangelo, JUSTICE FOR ALL -- A Service of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD).

                        To respond to a JFA email, submit an article, or contact the moderator, email her at jfa at aapd.com.
                        ACCESSIBILITY: To request to receive a text-only version of this and every JFA newsletter rather than the html version, please contact the moderator at jfa at aapd.com.

                        DISCLAIMER: The JFA listserv is designed to share information of interest to people with disabilities and promote dialogue in the disability community. Information circulated does not necessarily express the views of AAPD. The JFA listserv is non-partisan.

                        JFA ARCHIVES: All JFA postings from 1995 through October 2007 are available on the AAPD website. Archives of news and other articles featured on JFA since October 2007 are available by category and date on the JFActivist blog.

                        Share JFA

      Forward email

            This email was sent to carlos.montas at gmail.com by jfa at aapd.com |
            Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeT | Privacy Policy.

      American Association of People with Disabilities | 1629 K Street, NW | Suite 950 | Washington | DC | 20006