[Nfbf-l] Fw: RJR News : Fire at Salvation Army School for the Blind

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:36:04 UTC 2011

Here's the article.

Sherri

Fire at Salvation Army School for the Blind
More than 100 visually impaired students will have to spend another two
weeks at home following the Easter break, after a fire did extensive damage
to a kitchen at their school on Thursday morning.

The early morning fire at the Salvation Army School, the only educational
institution catering exclusively to visually impaired students, resulted in
the loss of appliances and products.

Captain Edward Lyons, administrator at the school, told RJR News the fire
broke out just before five o'clock Thursday morning.

"There were three refrigerators that were burnt; one I know is worth about a
quarter of a million dollars, a big stainless steel fridge that stores the
meat supplies,"

"When we looked further we realized that there was more damage, all the
shelves were totally burnt, all the supplies that were purchased to start
this new school term were also burnt we are looking at a possible $5 million
to restore the kitchen so that school may begin again," Captain Lyons said.

Thu. Apr.28,2011 2:12pm
Have you visited my personal page at
http://www.raceforindependence.org/goto/Sherri.Brun
If so, Thank you for changing what it means to be blind.
Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com