[Nfbf-l] Last chance to save redlight cameras

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Fri May 6 18:40:30 UTC 2011

Dear Bill,

He doesn't.
His buddies in motorcycle gang want him to sign it.
Motorcyclist don't stop for Right on Red, because they would need to hold
their bikes up by putting their feet down and coming to a full stop would
make them do this.
They get tagged by the cameras very often because they do not come to that
full stop on Red before making their turn.
They are trying to say that there are more accidents caused by people
stopping for the Red lights, ( gee, I thought that meant go faster), and
making people run into them from behind.
I wonder what the guy behind was thinking the yellow light meant at this
point.
The the truth is that facts show they reduce accidents and most places
lengthen the yellow light just a bit, to help prevent the rear end
accidents.
The lights are set according to the posted speed limit of the roads they
control and the drivers should have lots of time to stop for the lights.
I think that they are good and no one who goes out in public without a bag
over their head, can have any expectations of not being observed by somebody
somewhere.
If it is good to take down the stoplight cameras, then they should also take
out the ones at the ATM, the Banks, stores and everywhere else people use
them to observe and keep their places secure and safe from crime.  The
cameras are a neutral witness and will not lie for anyone.  They give a
record of just what took place and when.
One of my chapter members was struck by a driver doing a Right on Red
without stopping back before Xmas and they broke her pelvis in 3 places and
that has forced her to retire from her job with the County's Emergency
Management.  My own daughter has gotten two tickets for running the lights
and I think that is good.  I have told her that she drives to fast and too
close and she will not listen.
Governor Scott is the worst governor we have ever had.
He has his own agenda and has done another to help the job situations except
for his big donors.

David Evans
Running a Red light is a crime afterall.