[Nfbf-l] Thank you very much for your support

Yasen Angelov collegeflorida at gmail.com
Sat May 7 20:29:48 UTC 2011

Dear friends and NFB FL members

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to all of you for your support
and nice words. I was just thinking how many things have changed since I
came to the United States eight years ago. Certainly, it would not be this
way if it was not the support Mr. Sayer and the members from Orlando chapter
have given to me.

I came in Orlando with $60 in my pocket. Then I worked as a dishwasher to
earn some money so I could buy a ticket for Emmi and bring her here. Emmi
and I were blessed because we met Mr. Sayer and all other members from
NFB Orlando Chapter.

I still remember when people from NFB visited us in the hospital when our
son Bryan was born. I will always say that NFB is my family and I promise to
keep working hard so I can give an example that blind people can do.

I would like to give you an example how my work and excellent grades has
contributed to other blind students at least in my university. Couple weeks
ago, the Student Disability Service director at USF St. Pete approached me
to ask me what equipment I thought it would be a good addition for their
services. The same person was complaining to me just a year ago that there
was very little funding. So many things have changed in my school and I
think USF St. Pete is a very welcoming place for blind students than it used
to be just a year ago.

In my opinion, every society consists from people with and without
disabilities. Just think this way: if they provide more opportunities to us
we will contribute more to the society at all. Consequently, that will make
the United States even stronger.

Thank you very much.

Cordially,

Yasen Angelov