[Nfbf-l] moving to florida

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:41:31 UTC 2011

Hi
First I appologise for starting a new thread. I set my lists to digest
mode. It's just what I prefer. I found that an entry-level desktop
support job in Florida I'll start out making $30000 or maybe $35000
per year. That's not bad for starters. I want to rent a house, or
apartment, with two bedrooms and one bathroom. Nothing fancy, just two
beds one bath that's all. So I went to rentals.com found some
reasonably priced apartments. Up in PA during the winter months I have
absolutely no money after rent, bills and oil are paid. My wife and I
are barely getting bye with the SSI money that we get. Little Rock is
ok. Transit is worse than in Reading PA. Denver, Philadelphia and
Baltimore and Harrisburg cost of living is outragiously high. I don't
want to live there. It took a lot of time and a lot of research to
finally decide on Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. I'm fairly
certain I will be able to find a desktop support/help desk job there.
Plus there's lots to do! I went on the hartline website. I'm quite
impressed with how many bus routes there are. I am so looking forward
to being able to go outside during the winter months and it'll be nice
outside. And if it gets too hot in summer I can go to picnic island
park or cypress point park or clearwater beach with my wife and son,
swim in the bay or ocean, and cool off. I also want to when I have the
money, take a pontoon boat to caladesi island and do some primitive
camping out on the beach in a tent for 2 or 3 days; just me, LuAnn who
is my wife and Aaron, who is my son. I did research. found out it'll
be cheaper to take amtrac than it will be to fly there. Also
rentals.com listed a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment for $450 some for
$500. I also saw in the home foreclosures section some pretty cheap
housing as well. I do know one thing. If we stay in Reading PA the
rest of our lives:
1. my wife's family will be taking care of us. They too live below the
poverty line unfortunately.
2. I'll never work, and I'll be bored the rest of my life. and then
when my son gets older he will probably end up taking care of us.
I want a better life for my family. To obtain that I need to move, and
choose where I'm going to move to carefully. and I think tampa bay
area is the right place. Tessa, thank you for the positive review
about the tampa bay area. It gives me even more insentive to get
there, somehow.
I'll call and discuss it further after working hours.
Josh

Josh