[Nfbf-l] FW: FLAGDU invites you to a program on in-flight safety

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Thu May 26 02:34:20 UTC 2011

 Hello everyone,

I know that those of you going to state convention will be very busy all
weekend, but I want you to know about an important opportunity! FLAGDU's
board would like to invite everyone to our in-flight safety program, which
will be part of our FLAGDU seminar. The safety program will take place on
Sunday, at 4 PM in the Sky Pier room.

I have a friend, Peg Slater, who has been a flight attendant for 28 years.
She has a teaching background, and has trained rooky flight attendants. When
I asked her if she would consider putting together such a program, she was
very intrigued, and now has the endorsement of Delta management, who were
skeptical at first. This will be a hands-on program, with her bringing
oxygen masks, life vests, etc. We will talk about putting the masks on our
dogs should that become necessary on a plane. Though our dogs' safety will
be woven into this discussion, most of the program will be of great benefit
to everyone. It's not something we like to think about, but knowledge is
empowerment, and I know Peg will present this topic in  both an informative
and entertaining manner.

You're welcome to come to the safety program portion of our seminar, and if
you're not a FLAGDU member,  we won't even ask you to pay dues (smile.) We
are selling 5050 tickets throughout the whole convention, so several of us
will be selling them, at one for a dollar, and six for five. Our drawing
will be at the banquet, so you need to be present to win, or keep track of
the numbers if you buy for someone who isn't there.

If you have any questions about this program, just email me or look me up at
convention.

I hope lots of you can take advantage of this interesting program!

Sherrill O'Brien, President
Florida Association of Guide Dog Users