[Nfbf-l] {Disarmed} Fw: Bid for Excellence--Help Blind Veterans

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 00:57:06 UTC 2011

Just passing this along.

From: civi testnfb
To: Sherri Brun
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 7:45 AM
Subject: Bid for Excellence--Help Blind Veterans

The National Federation of the Blind's
Bid for Excellence
Helping Blind Veterans

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) helps blind veterans like Ed
Jackson by providing a network of support and the help they need to live
fulfilling and independent lives.

Bid for Excellence is an exciting opportunity to raise funds to support the
work of the NFB. We provide programs, encouragement, and opportunities that
help blind people all over the nation achieve excellence in their education,
employment, and all aspects of their lives.

Veteran services include:

  a.. Local and statewide resources to connect blinded/visually impaired
veterans with each other
  b.. Introduction to local and statewide blindness support groups
  c.. Career development and opportunities
  d.. Help coping with personal and public attitudes about blindness
  e.. Life skills to help blind people function independently
  f.. Advice for friends and family
  g.. Scholarships
  h.. Tips for managing transportation
  i.. Information about assistive technology
You can help the NFB continue our programs for blind veterans by making Bid
for Excellence a success! Visit www.nfb.org/bid to view items available for
auction now and to preview upcoming items. All proceeds from your winning
bid will support the work of the NFB! Bid for Excellence runs through
December 5, 2011, so individual auctions will begin throughout the five
weeks of Bid for Excellence. New items will be added to the auction, so
check back often to see what's new.

You can also make a difference in the quality of opportunities available to
the blind by making a cash donation now by visiting
www.nfb.org/DonateForExcellence.

Was this e-mail forwarded to you by a friend? You can get Bid for Excellence
information and updates directly by sending an e-mail to Bid for Excellence
with the subject “sign me up” and your first and last name in the body of
the e-mail.

Would you like to receive Imagineering Our Future, the newsletter
distributed by the NFB Jernigan Institute that provides information and
updates on many of the programs Bid for Excellence supports? If so, send an
e-mail to Bid for Excellence with the subject “newsletter” and your first
and last name in the body of the e-mail.

If you have any questions or would like more information about Bid for
Excellence, contact Ann-Marie Laney at (410) 659-9314, extension 2371, or
alaney at nfb.org.

>From the Bid for Excellence Team
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place