[Nfbf-l] In Memory of Judie Hansen

CommMDB at aol.com CommMDB at aol.com
Sat Sep 10 01:29:06 UTC 2011

I served on the state board with Mrs. Hansen. She was  a good role module
for blind people. Judy was quiet,  loved the Lord, and  her family. I
remember Judy for encouraging blind people to get the best  education and
rehabilitation possible. Mrs. Hansen was my first state president  and I am so
blessed that I had the pleasure of working with her,  and  knowing her.

When I last saw her, she attended a local chapter  meeting and was as kind
and gracious as I remember in the years of her  leadership of the NFBF. Judy
is one of the reasons that I am a member of the  organization. I felt like
if this is the kind of person the NFB has as a member,  count me in. What a
wonderful, well educated person we had in Judy. She  loved blind people and
worked to make life better for us. Mrs. Hansen was a  excellent braille
reader and very articulate.   She was enjoying  her work with the church and
community while living in Orlando. My thoughts and  prayers are with her family
during this difficult time. I will miss her deeply.  May the peace of God
be with her family and friends.

Marilyn Baldwin