[Nfbf-l] Delta Airlines

Tom Bellone tom.bellone01 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 14:28:58 UTC 2012

Good Morning everyone.  Kathy Davis and I spent several hours recently trying to resolve some travel related issues with Delta Airlines.  Needless to say, this experience is not for the faint of heart.  It seems that we got different information from each person we spoke with at Delta.  Our issues were simple(or so we thought).  We were trying to do two things----1. Cancel existing reservations for use at a future date with no penalty, and 2. Make reservations for a sighted person(yours truly) to transport Kathy's retiring dog Davey to Michigan where he will begin his retirement.  I won't bore you with all the details, but trust me it was not an easy task.
My purpose in writing is to share some Delta contact information (which they treat like a matter of national security) with you should you have a need for it in the future.  So here it is--------
Delta Airlines Corporate Customer Care
PO Box 20980
Dept. 980
Atlanta, Ga. 30320
404-773-0305
We also came across the number for their Disability Assistance Department which some folks at Delta claimed didn't exist----404-209-3434.
I hope this information is helpful.
In closing I can tell you we succeeded with our first issue(a credit voucher for future travel) and failed with our second(transporting the dog).  Lucky for us, Air Tran was more than happy to allow Davey and me to buy a ticket and fly to Michigan.
Hopes this helps anyone who might need it.

Tom Bellone
Daytona Beach Chapter