[Nfbf-l] Delta Airlines

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 1 18:48:58 UTC 2012

Dear Kathy,

This is an interesting situation.
I take it that no ticket was required for Davy as a service animal?  I also
take it that Tom acts as your (PCA) Personal Care Attendant on occasion when
you go out sometimes?
If so, he is acting upon your behalf and should have been able to take Davy
on the flight without you being present I believe.
What difference would it have made?
Delta was very insensitive in this matter and I will not fly with them
anymore.  My son use to work for them and Donna and I could take up to 14
flights a year at no cost, but on space available status.
A service animal is a service animal by virtue of its training and not by
any harness or badge it wears.
I think that as long as Tom had a ticket and was acting on your behalf, they
should have let him and Davy go.

I prefer to fly on Verging America as I have had not problems at all with
them on any of the trips Donna, Jack and I have taken out to California and
back.  Our son has spoiled us by flying us out to see our new grand son
Carter.
I hope that Delta refunded your ticket for Tom without charge?

David Evans and GD Jack.