[Nfbf-l] Congressman Cliff Stearn defeated in stunning upset

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 17 00:08:02 UTC 2012

Yes, this is an absolute stunner.

Even as a progressive myself I had respect for the fact Stearns was willing to support our important issues.

We have a Republican nominee in our new 6th district I'm afraid will embarrass our image if he gets elected.

This wouldn't be necessarily on blindness issuesas I don't know where he stands on those but on his general attitude, in particular toward the president.  He's accused the president in campaign ads of trying to transform the country into something it wasn't meant to be.

The president wrote a book called "Dreams of My Father", and this nominee, Ron DeSantis, wrote a book called "Dreams of the Founding Fathers."

I've been inspired to write a short form response called "The Real Dreams of Our Founding Fathers" which is still in progress.

That would of course reflect my own observations and not necessarily the views of the membership in general or the organization.

Bill Outman