[Nfbf-l] Finally moved in

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 6 23:29:41 UTC 2012

Dear Jessica,

I second the motion here.
The State of Florida has a statewide program called the Transportation
Disadvantaged Program that gives funds to each one of the 67 counties to
provide some kind of transit service.
It serves Seniors, the Disabled, Children at Risk and even the able bodied
Poor who do not have a car or can not drive.
The local county does have the ability to make some of its own rules and
limitations, based mostly on funding.
In most counties, they provide basic transportation for medical trips and
life sustaining trips such as food shopping, dialysis, Kemo and the like.
Some counties put extra money in to the service they provide, but not all.
You need to contact the (CTC) County Transportation Coordinator to get more
info on what they provide.
Your local (MPO) Metro Planning Organization can tell you who the CTC is.
Your County Commissioner can also tell you and get you help.
I know all of this as I work for a Major Transit Company and have served on
several transit boards over the past 25 years. Always try to live within 3/4
of a mile of a fixed bus route to ensure that you have access to transit
services.

David Evans and GD Jack..