[Nfbf-l] Amtrak info for convention, all aboard!

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Sun May 6 16:29:08 UTC 2012

Dear All,

To add to this excellent message, you should know that from the Deerfield
station, which is in Broward County, you will be going back north one
station to the Boca Raton stop in Palm Beach County.
The ride will take about 10 minutes and the stops are announced on all the
trains.  The north end , of every Tri-Rail train is wheelchair accessible
and even has a wheelchair accessible restroom.
There is always an attendant in this car to help you.
This car is also great for people with luggage as there is also a small ramp
with a handrail around it, near the north end of each platform to help
wheelchair bound passengers be boarded and those with luggage.
They place a bridge plate down and you just roll or walk across to the car.
You can get more info about Tri-Rail by calling 1-800-tri-rail or
1-800-874-7245 or by going to www.sfrta.org to see polices and train
schedules  and fares.
You will only want to buy a one-way discount ticket for each day you wish to
travel.  Don't buy the round trip ticket as they must be used on the same
day for travel.

As the only Public Transportation running on Monday, May 28 is the Tri-Rail,
and you may need to make connections with your northbound AMTRAK train on
that day, I will need to know in advance so that I can make sure that there
will be enough vans present to transport you all to the Deerfield station in
time to meet your trains.
We are still working all of this out and there may be a small fee to use the
vans, which will likely be based on how many people need it.
I don't think it will be much.

Please call or better yet, e-mail me the names of any and all that may need
or want this service so I can be prepared.
The hotel shuttle van will be about to pick you up on your arrival in Boca
Raton Tri-Rail station and carry you across busy Yamato Road to the hotel
about 1/2 mile away.  The shuttle van is free, but will likely need to make
more than one trip because of the number of people and their luggage.
The hotel's phone number is (561) 994-8200 for all questions about the hotel
and to call for the shuttle.
The shuttle van serves an area of 5 miles around the hotel that includes the
Boca beaches, Town Center mall and drug and food stores as well as
restaurants.
There is a dining guide available at the front desk.
We will have some UPS volunteers at our convention this year who will be
glad to help you with anything you need.
If you have any question, call me on my cell at (561) 789-2488 or e-mail me
at drevans at bellsouth.net  .

David Evans, President
Palm Beach County Chapter