[Nfbf-l] Pedestrian Safety initiative

MisterAdvocate at aol.com MisterAdvocate at aol.com
Mon May 21 17:16:02 UTC 2012

Metro Orlando ranks number one in the nation for pedestrian deaths and
injuries. A
community coalition is forming to reverse this trend and put our  Best Foot
Forward.
Initiated by Bike/Walk Central Florida under the  leadership of former
Orange County Mayor
Linda Chapin, funded by MetroPlan  Orlando and Winter Park Health
Foundation, and
spearheaded by Orlando Mayor  Buddy Dyer, the BFF coalition grows weekly.
Join fellow community leaders,  officials, businesses and law enforcement
partners as we
embark on a  five-year mission to make our streets friendlier for
pedestrians and make  Metro
Orlando a model of civility that others will want to emulate.
When:  Wednesday, May 30, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
What: Launch of Operation Best Foot  Forward
Where: Orlando Health Heart Institute Building
1222 South Orange  Avenue ● Orlando, FL 32806
Complimentary Parking is available in the adjacent  Parking Garage.