[Nfbf-l] Dear Kirk, Great to see your message in the NFB List Group!

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 17 15:56:37 UTC 2013

Dear Kirk,
Great to see your message in the NFB - Florida List Group!
I just moved here to Plantation with my wife about a month ago from Miami,
where I lived all my life!
In fact, I am a "native" of Miami, believe  it or not!
I now live in a community called Lauderdale West.
I do not have the slightest idea where the heck I am! LOL!
I am pretty familiar with the area around Hollywood Beach, as my Sister In
Law lives on Sheridan about 10 blocks from the Beach Boardwalk there and we
have been visiting her and her husband for 15 years now, but that is it.
I need to get a "Trekker Breeze" or something.
My wife is sighted, but not good with directions and finding addresses, and
I am just about totally Blind now, with R P, although I can  still see the
sun in the sky, , and this gives me a sense of North South East and West,
but that is still useless if I do not know any of the main streets  or
Avenues or anything.
This is a big shock to me as I literally saw them build just about every
street in Miami - Dade County, I remember when it was all just Cow Pasture,
Farms, or swamps!
I will join the NFB Broward Chapter as soon as we get more settled in, it
was a very tough job packing and unpacking, we had over 100 cartons, plus I
packed all our furniture also.
Well, nice to meet you Kirk.
With Best Regards,
God Bless,
Alan
Plantation, Florida
Visit the hottest, most happening place around on the web. Where the blind
community will be inspired and entertained!
It's the BlindCafe.net and it's a great place to learn, laugh, chat and make
long lasting friendships with people from around the world.
There is always someone to greet you with a friendly smile night and day. It's
totally free! Come and try out our awesome stereo    music rooms, trivia
games, Chess Chats, Act in one of our Mystery Plays, Share your talent with
us, receive I-Phone Lessons and updates, we offer     tutorials on an array
of programs, we have over 600 described movies for you to listen to at your
convenience, Revisit a classic described T V show such as Leave it to Beaver
and Mash,    or just come on in and join us for an interactive chat, and a
whole lot more!
It's totally accessible and easy to use.
For more info, please Visit us at
www.BlindCafe.net
That's
www.BlindCafe.net