[Nfbf-l] Holly Idler update

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 02:28:59 UTC 2013

A little behind on updates. First of two.

Holly Idler at Shands Hospital, Gainesville Fl
JANIE MARIE UPDATE
Janie Marie was moved from an IMC room, intermediate care, to a general Peds
room. Besides a room change, this means the nurse looking after her care has
five children/families to care for instead of three. This means alarms go
off longer on the monitors and nurses aren't around as much as they were.
Anyway out first room move put us in a private room at the back end of the
hall, one room between us and the end of the hall. This would have been a
great place if I were spending the night with Janie Marie, but since I'm
not, I did not feel comfortable leaving her alone that far from caregivers.
Then the moved us closer and we have a nurse sitting right outside the door.
That makes me feel so much better.
We saw the speech team today, cleared from their service. Vision department
came up to see Janie Marie, will follow up next week while in the hospital
then they want us to come back for her eye care needs. I think we will see
Dr. Gold in Orlando instead. I have no faith in the eye care providers at
Shands. We also did some blood work for the genetic team. The results will
come back in a month or so.
Friday we should see the OT, PT and maybe the dermatologist. By the time we
leave this hospital we will have every part of her body will be looked at
and checked out.
Grandpa and Auntie Susan to see us.
Cousin Lora Tripp Holt took mommy shopping and got me some oneies. I wore
one this evening.

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com